Chihuly at the Atlanta Botanical Garden

In September I attended the GWA | The Association of Garden Communicators Conference in Atlanta. One of the many gardens we toured over the four days was the beautiful Atlanta Botanical Garden. It being my first year of attending, and always taking chances to sleep in, I didn't go on the photographer's early morning tour of the Atlanta Botanical Garden. I won't make that mistake in the future!

There was a Dale Chihuly exhibit, and it was a 15 on a scale of 10. It's not an immense botanical gardens - but I still missed some sculptures.

Here's just some of what was there...

One of the first works you see as you enter the gardens.
One of my favorites inside one of the glass houses.
No Chihuly, but a nice vertical garden.



On the bridge that leads to the Children's Garden.
Inside a glass house with a collection of rain forest tropicals there were smaller pieces that looked like they could be the flower or fruit of just about any plant in there.


This work had neon incorporated. Not one of my favorites, but the colors were traffic-stopping.
The gardens leading up to the glass houses had dozens of orange spikes scattered throughout a wide area.












The Children's Garden's snake sidewalk.

Comments

Popular Posts