Potting shed details, details, details...
This past weekend I built three flower boxes from old closet bi-fold doors taken out of the house in a bathroom remodel a few years ago.
I made a door handle from a hand rake that we never used. I made three more hanging solar lights from terracotta pots, moved a shelving unit in from the garage that was there when we moved in 14 years ago, and started making mullions for the windows that didn't have any. It was a very productive weekend!
If the weather holds out this weekend, I'll get a potting table structure started out there. I'm thinking to use the $500 gift certificate I won for the scrap marble and granite "carpet" creative competition a couple years ago and see how far that goes toward getting a "scratch and dent" piece of soapstone (thanks Roxanne for that idea!), or unfinished marble table top for it.
I'm getting a lot more done this fall than I thought I ever would.
|The mullions were a nice add to this window. It's too cold out there to paint, so it may have to wait until Spring.|
|More mullions. Because if some are good, more are better, and more precious.|
|Here's the potting shed door. It was in the garage when we moved in. It originally came from inside the house somewhere. The white closet bi-fold doors to the left are what I made into window boxes.|
|I painted them a terracotta color. Painting louvers is mind-numbing.|
|Getting dark earlier, and with no electric out there, the skylight is proving to be worth its expense and effort.|