Hypertufa heaven and stuff

The hypertufa pots are curing well. If I get a chance I may make a few more, but this is basically what I know I'll have by the time of the Buffalo-style Garden Art Sale on June 24. They are sitting out in the (hopeful) rain to help leech the lime from the portland cement mix.

I have no idea on price do you have any ideas? I've been looking at garden centers (mostly in Asheville, NC so far) and only saw similar planters that were planted nice and professionally, and were over $200. I was thinking the smallest of the small around $5, and the largest around $50. The one to the left was very nice. Even had a dwarf conifer. It was $225. I'd really have had to have my act together to offer planted hypertufa pots.


Last year, I posted photos of this amaryllis bulb I'd received as a gift from my niece. For winter '10, it was all huge-mongous leaves and no flower. Many commenters on Facebook suggested planting it in the ground, letting it rest and then starting it again. I did and here's the result - little leaves and huge-mongous flowers - four of them. And the scent is intoxicating. I figure it's only one more day before my asthmatic wife tells me it has to go outside. There are pluses and minuses to having a wife that can't be around flowers for long.

The H. Mike Shadrack hosta, a hosta named after local hosta book author extraordinaire Mike Shadrack, is doing well and happy where he's planted. He's a colorful hosta. And he'll be a big boy!


Comments

  1. $5 for the littlest ones...? what a steal! if you decide to plant one of the larger containers for show, don't forget to add a miniature something... gnome, gourd martin house, or wire gazebo because then you can really charge the big bucks. i hope you sell them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your prices sound a bit low, particularly for the smaller pots. I really like the rectangular hypertufa's and don't think those are so common. Definitely good for angular courtyards and garden water features.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts